A few weekends each season, Traverse City Curling Club is invited to attend a “Friendly,” where we match up against teams from another club or we host the matches at Centre Ice for a hometown Friendly.
These are great events for all members, but if you are a new curler and haven’t yet participated in a full bonspiel, this is a great introduction. Friendlies are a excellent way to participate in several matches in one day and improve skills, working with more experienced curlers and gaining expertise in the nuances of the game plus enjoying the company of other curlers! They are called “Friendlies” for a reason…
Prices vary but typically include lunch, beer, and non-alcoholic drinks (please drink responsibly!). Registration is for members only and per individual, so if you have a friend or a team, please register all participants at the same time to guarantee your spots. Individual registrants will be assigned teams. Please note that registrants are required to find a replacement curler if they are unable to attend the day of the event. Carpooling will be coordinated.
Our current Friendly opportunities, open to TCCC members are:
Traverse City Curling Club vs Lewiston
January 13, 2018 at Lewiston Curling Club, Lewiston, Michigan
- Cost is $20-$25 and includes lunch and beer.
- First Draw is 8:00 am and last draw will be approximately 5:00 pm giving each team 3 six-end games.
- Curlers can meet at Meijer in Williamsburg and carpool or drive themselves.
- Curlers will have to sign a waiver for any injuries.
Traverse City Curling Club vs Midland Curling Club
January 27, 2018 at Greater Midland Curling Center, Midland, Michigan
- Cost is $20 and includes lunch and beer.
- First Draw is 10:00 am and each team will play 3 six-end games.
- talk to your friends about carpooling.
Traverse City Curling Club vs Kalamazoo Curling Club
March 10-11, 2018 at Kalamazoo Curling Club, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Cost is $50 for two days and lunch on Saturday.